Saturday, July 28, 2018

Smithers to Prince George, BC (Post # 34)

July 21-22
The ride today was nice.  The mountains are still showing themselves, but we can tell the landscape is ever changing.  There are more ranches and farms between the road and the mountains.  









We spotted this little gem of a quilt/yarn shop in Burns Lake.  I didn't find any yarn I wanted, but I did find a new type of fabric made in Canada to line a quilt with.  It is so soft! And, by the way, Paul never bats an eye about what I buy.  He even encourages me sometimes!  This was one of those times.



                   





                                    Interesting!









     The first time we've seen the sun come this close to setting in a long time!  Beautiful!




          
                                                                                                  Funny!
At least for this summer it is!  (And all the other times we're on the road!)  I have a vinyl lettering on the wall in the bedroom of the RV that says, "Wherever we are together, that is home." So true.


Stone Creek RV Park was nothing fancy, but the owner was very nice.  He was very accommodating if he thought we needed anything at all.  Paul had the hood up one time checking the air filter, and he came over immediately.  Paul had already asked me to come outside--that he wanted to show me something.  A mouse had got caught in the fender underneath the hood.  It was VERY cold last night, so I guess he was looking for a warm spot.  I found out what they were looking at before I got around to the front, and I immediately went back inside!  Critters must like our RV, too.  Once before at Cooper Creek Paul was checking on something and found a bird's nest in the air filter!
 We had a very restful stay at Stone Creek. 



No comments:

Post a Comment