Thursday, June 14, 2018

Radium Hot Springs, BC, to Stony Plains, AB (Post # 12)

When we left Radium Hot Springs this morning we had to travel the same road for a while that we took to Banff and Lake Louise.  Although the mountains are the same, they looked very different this morning because it was cloudy.  I think they're almost prettier in the shadows than in full sun.  Either way, though, I see God every time I look at such beauty.




These next pictures are on a different road, the Promenade des Glaciers, or the Icefield Parkway.






I know these seem like a lot of pictures, but these and the ones Paul puts on the More Photos link are just a fraction of the amount I actually take. I usually average about 300 a day.  The day we went to Banff and Lake Louise I took over 500.  We usually have to delete maybe 10 or 15 due to trees or bushes in the way, or they might be blurred.  It is just so hard to capture it all in pictures.  Seeing all this in real time is so humbling, just to think of how the Creator of all this splendor loves and cares for us.













This is Bow Lake on the Icefield Parkway.


In the picture below Paul is showing me a duck on the water, but in the photo his finger just happened to be pointing where the reflection of the mountain is in the water.  If you look closely you'll see the trees and bushes against the mountain.



These below were taken as we were coming out of the Icefields.  



And then by afternoon we were on this long stretch of road again.  Quite the contrast, huh? Paul and I agreed that it looked a lot like we were back in Oklahoma.  


Back to rural life with farms and ranches. 

So much ground (and miles) covered in one day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment