Thursday, June 21, 2018

Watson Lake to Conrad, Yukon (Post # 17)

June 18, 2018
Our first night at a Provincial Park was sort of what we expected but hoped wasn't so.  Full of mosquitoes!  One reason, though, was because our site backed right into the woods.  I'd hoped to have a campfire, but it was too hot for one thing and we didn't want to fight the mosquitoes either.  So, this openness was a welcome sight this morning.  We liked staying at this type of park because we had much more privacy, and there wasn't as much road noise because we were several miles off the Alcan.  

First and only black bear of the day.

This looks like it could be a postcard.


And, of course, more road construction.  This is what a lot of the Alcan looks like.





When I see a road grader, I always think of Paul's daddy, Dallas, who operated one of these for many years.
This is a continual thing.  Paul stopping to wash the windshield!  SO MANY BUGS!







And you know the road is especially bumpy when all your paper towels unroll onto the counter.











This is our spot for the night, Conrad Provincial Park.  Oh, my!  Now this makes up for all the mosquitoes last night.  Surrounded by such beauty and not one mosquito to be seen!


I finally got to have my campfire.  This is my most favorite spot so far.




1 comment: